Restore Your Smile With Plano Dental Implants
We often take our teeth for granted. It’s not until we lose one or more teeth that we realize how much we rely on them every day. Along with other issues, missing teeth make it difficult to eat and smile comfortably. All that can change, however, with dental implant treatment at My Dentist in Plano. Dr. Darren Dickson, a teaching faculty member at the CARD Institute (the Center for Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry), can use dental implants to:Read Transcript
Dental implants are a great option for people with missing teeth because they are by far, hands down, the most predictable, longest-lasting thing that we have technologically in dentistry. Bridges and crowns, they're very common, a lot of people get them, but they're very limited in their life expectancy. You can expect to have to replace crowns and bridges every seven to 10 years or so. Dental implants, on the other hand, when we place a dental implant and put a crown on it, you can expect to have that over 90 percent of the time for more than 30 years. So dental implants are just very predictable, very long-term solutions to missing teeth.
- Replace your missing teeth with durable, beautiful implant restorations.
- Give you back a complete smile and increased confidence.
- Allow you to enjoy all your favorite foods again.
- Improve your oral health and help prevent overall health issues.
- Help you look younger, more attractive, and more robust.
- Get precise, long-lasting results, since digitally guided full-arch implant surgery is possible with images from our i3D Smart CT machine.
Enjoy all the benefits of our implant therapy. Call 972-737-7039 today to schedule your free consultation including a CT scan and time with Dr. Dickson. We’re located at 6545 Preston Road, Ste. 100 – just down the road from LifeCare Hospitals of Plano.
Implants Will Make Your Mouth Fully Functional Again
Teeth implants serve as artificial tooth roots that can secure several types of dental restorations. Not only do implants replace your missing or damaged teeth, but they also help keep your jawbone strong and healthy.
Unlike some dentists, Dr. Dickson can both place and restore your new implants. This is due in part to his advanced training in implant dentistry, which has helped him earn fellowship status with the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and a teaching faculty position with the Center for Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry.
With our in-house lab, you could even get your implants and replacement teeth in a single visit! To ensure precise and accurate treatment, we use a 3-D CT scanner to plan and perform all of our implant procedures. Once your jaw is ready for your new restorations, these are some of the options that may be available to you:
- Single Implant Crown – Dr. Dickson can secure a strong and beautiful zirconia crown to the top of an implant. It will look, feel, and function just like a regular tooth. Best of all, we’ll make it right here in our own lab. You won’t have to wait for your new tooth!
- Implant-Supported Bridge – You can fill in gaps in your smile with a sturdy custom bridge anchored to two or more teeth implants.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – These dentures anchor to implants using a snap-and-ball system. They will fit more securely than conventional dentures and won’t move around in your mouth.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – We’ll attach a set of dentures to a bar anchored to your implants. This setup transfers biting and chewing forces to the bar rather than your gums, making it our most comfortable and secure type of denture.
- All-on-4® – With this innovative procedure, you can get a complete arch of new replacement teeth using only four implants precisely positioned by Dr. Dickson.
- Mini Implants – These implants are similar to standard implants, yet they’re smaller and require less healing time after placement. If your jawbone is not healthy enough to support full-size implants, you may be a good candidate for minis.
- Same-Day Smile – With our in-house lab and Dr. Dickson’s implant expertise, you could get your new implants and restorations the same day. We’ll place your implants and secure temporary replacement teeth to them while your final restorations are made.
If you’re ready to enjoy a full mouth of teeth using dental implants, call 972-737-7039 today to schedule your appointment. Beautiful, functional replacement teeth are waiting for you!