Enjoy Your Choice of Sedation Options For Dental Care
- Rest easy and receive the dental care you need.
- Prevent cavities, gum disease, and other smile-damaging problems.
- Enjoy peace of mind without worrying about the unknown.
- Keep your smile attractive and maintain a healthier appearance.
- Learn about possible treatments to enhance your smile.
Make your appointment for gentle care today! Call today to speak with a member of our friendly team. Our office is located at 6545 Preston Road, Ste. 100 – in the 75024 ZIP code, across the road from Camden Legacy Park Apartments.
Sedation Makes Great Dental Care Easy
Because My Dentist in Plano treats many types of patients, each with unique needs and concerns, we don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach to sedation. We offer four different sedation methods to accommodate every person who trusts us with their smile. If you’re nervous about dentistry and have trouble relaxing in a dentist’s chair, one of these will work for you:
- Inhaled Sedation – Laughing gas will give you a gentle feeling of euphoria and help take your mind off your dental treatment. Its effects wear off quickly, and you’ll feel like yourself in no time.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – Dr. Dickson will provide you with a small pill in the office and wait until you comfortably and safely fall to sleep. You will remember little to nothing of your entire visit; in fact, the next thing you know, you will wake up at home on your sofa. You will need a ride to and from your appointment.
- IV Sedation – For a deeper level of sedation, expertly administered IV sedation will put you in a “twilight state.” You won’t remember anything about the sights, smells, and sounds of your visit.
- Full Intubated Sedation – We’ll put you under general anesthesia, carefully monitoring and adjusting the sedative level as needed. If you have extreme dental phobia or are unable to comfortably sit for an extended period, this type of sedation may be right for you.
Having your choice of sedation options means you can relax and let your smile shine! Call us today to make an appointment. You can also request an appointment using our online form.
"Dear Dr. Dickson and Staff, Thank you for the outstanding dental care for the past nine years. Whether it has been a scheduled maintenance, restorative procedure, or aesthetic preference, I am always reminded of how lucky I am to have found such wonderful individuals for all my dental needs. It is your dedication to detail and caring patient relationships that makes my choice for My Dentist in Plano the perfect choice for my individual care as well as our family dentist without reservation. With every appointment, I am met with caring and professional staff. I enjoy the personal attention that is shown to both myself and family members at each appointment. My children are happy to visit the dentist knowing they will be taken great care of by you and your staff. With My Sincerest Thanks, C.D."- C.D. / Office Visit / Sep 30, 2020
"Dear Dr. Dickson, Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the amazing results with my new smile. I came to you at the suggestion of one of your happy patients, also a work associate of mine. I had been given a recommended plan and quote from another dentist and wanted to get a second opinion. I remember the other plan was a little less expensive and would have provided quicker results. But I also remember you advised me that the results of the other plan could put me in a dental chair regularly for major procedures for the rest of my life. As soon as I walked into your office, I felt comfortable. The care and attention of your staff is exemplary. You put together an entire team of an orthodontist and gum surgeon to combine with your dental expertise. At one time, there was even discussion I may need a jaw surgeon to perform major surgery. Thankfully, in the end the jaw surgery was not necessary. You were able to accomplish the results with only minor gum surgery. The process took a couple of years, but I am thrilled with the results. Being in sales, I find that one of my greatest assets is my smile. My smile has given me greater confidence and helped me build success in my career. I am often complimented on my wonderful smile. My boyfriend says it’s his favorite thing to see in the whole world! You and your team have literally changed my life. Thank you!"- M.B. / Office Visit / Sep 30, 2020
"I have been seeing Dr. Dickson for about 18 months now, after a 10-year leave of absence from visiting ANY dentist. My story and recommendation is long because the backstory is so important to why I recommend Dr. Dickson. To say I was frightened of the “horrendous dental chair” is an understatement. When I was 6 months old, I had scarlet fever and chicken pox at the same time. The treatment for these caused my enamel not to develop; that strong substance that protects your pearly whites, I have none. Dental work began for me as soon as my permanent teeth started coming in. My first cavity was drilled at the age of 5, with little to no numbing. From there, about 20 years in and out of the dentist chairs, every 6 months some new tooth to drill or root canal to be had. I have had veneers two prior times and my last root canal was about 10 years ago. After that, I just quit going. My memories are vivid: pain, discomfort, embarrassment, frustration … I then met Dr. Dickson through mutual friends. After talking with his wife first, she assured me I could do this and Dr. Dickson and his team would help me. First and foremost, his entire staff is AMAZING. They were patient with me as I, full of fear, walked in the office for the first time. The sound of any drills really brings me to my edge, so Lin, ever so quickly, pulled me from the waiting room and hollered to the staff, “Let’s get her comfortable, NOW!” I was sedated for my first cleaning and assessment of what was sure to be a huge project. When I went back for my consult, they made sure to take me quickly to where I couldn’t hear work being done, and Lin and I went over the whole plan. From there, Dr. Dickson restored my teeth in three sessions, all under sedation. He checked on me the evening after each session. The restoration has been life-changing. I have no discomfort, my teeth look natural, I smile fully and get so many compliments. I can really see it in photos!!! More importantly, together, we have pretty much conquered my fear. I have successfully followed up with two more cleanings on schedule, with NO cavities, and have graduated to not needing sedation for cleanings. Suzie is my hygienist and she quickly gets me in my chair and the nitrous started to ease my anxiety, and she lovingly calls it my “cocktail hour.” She always checks with me throughout the cleaning to see where my anxiety level is at. She and Dr. Dickson are kind as we talk through what I need to work on to keep my teeth healthy and beautiful. I have never felt negative about myself or reprimanded walking out of that office, which was so common with dentists before. I walked out on Wednesday after my cleaning and shed some tears. Battling my poor teeth health for so many years, Dr. Dickson and his colleagues have truly helped me make a transition that I never could have done on my own! Thanks Dr. D and staff!"- R.C. / Office Visit / Sep 30, 2020
"I’ve been away at college and grad school for the past six years, but always drive back to Plano to get my teeth cleaned. Thank you so much, Dr. Dickson, Susie, Terry, and all the amazing staff!"- K.S. / Google / Aug 16, 2020
"Great staff.... They really calm down your anxiety....."- R.V. / Google / May 30, 2020
Relieving Dental Anxiety in Plano Is Important to Our Team
Whether you are only occasionally nervous about dental procedures or dread every exam, relieving dental anxiety in Plano, TX is important to Dr. Dickson and the rest of our team. We want to ensure you are comfortable with the dentist so you never skip getting needed care. Avoiding the dentist often leads to more complex and costly problems, which we can help minimize.
We’ll relieve your anxiety with:
- A choice of four kinds of sedation.
- Massage chairs and other amenities to relax you.
- A caring dentist who listens to all your concerns and answers all your questions.
- A dental warranty to back the quality of our work.
- Extended hours so you can come see us when our office is less busy.
- Lots of payment options to make paying for your care less stressful, including an In-Office Discount Plan.
- Technology to keep your care as quick and comfortable as possible.
To schedule a stress-free visit, call My Dentist in Plano.
Schedule Your Visit at a Less Stressful Time
If you’re especially stressed in a busy atmosphere, let our team book your visit at a quiet time. That’s easy to do with our extended hours that start as early as 7:30 a.m. Get your appointment out of the way before work or school, and you won’t need to think about it all day! We can even usually get you a same-day appointment for your dental emergencies. While you’re with us, you can relax with a warm neck roll in one of our massage chairs. Feel free to watch TV or listen to music to take your mind off your dental work.
Enjoy Several Sedation Choices
Most dentists offer one or two kinds of sedation. Because we know every patient is different, we offer four kinds – including two that are especially appropriate for extreme anxiety and/or lengthy procedures. You can get:
- Inhaled Sedation – This takes effect quickly and wears off quickly too.
- Oral Sedation – A safe pill offers a higher level of relaxation.
- IV Sedation – Administered intravenously, this puts you in a dreamlike state.
- Full Intubated Sedation – Few dentists offer this option of general anesthesia.
Visit our office to see how we can help with relieving dental anxiety in Plano, TX.
Overcome Dental Anxiety In Plano TX
If you have stayed away from the dentist for far too long on account of fear or dental anxiety, we have some good news for you!Read
Why Bother With Wisdom Teeth Removal?
At My Dentist In Plano, we want our patients to be aware of what to expect with every procedure, read on to learn more about wisdom teeth removal.Read