Our Restorative Dentist Can Repair Your Smile in Plano, TX
Damaged and missing teeth make life more difficult than it needs to be. Dr. Dickson and the team at My Dentist in Plano improve our patients’ lives by giving them the full use of their mouths. We offer many types of restorative dentistry that can help you:
- Comfortably eat all your favorite foods you’ve had to avoid.
- Rebuild your smile and make it one of your best assets.
- Appear younger and more attractive.
- Talk more plainly so others can understand you.
- Improve your oral health and prevent other health problems.
It’s time to get your smile back in shape! Call us today to schedule your appointment. Our dental office is on Preston Road, next to Legacy Heart Center – Plano.
Take Your Pick of Dental Restorations
When you trust your smile repair to My Dentist in Plano, you will have a wide selection of restorative treatments at your disposal, including:
- Dental Implants – Dr. Dickson uses a 3-D CT scanner to place and restore these artificial tooth roots. Get implant-secured crowns, bridges, dentures, and more for teeth replacement. Mini implants are available as well.
- Dental Crowns and Bridges – These versatile teeth restorations can be used with or without dental implants to give you back your beautiful smile and chewing capacity. For added convenience, we offer same-day crowns made right in our office.
- Dentures – We can replace either a partial set of teeth or full arches of teeth with sturdy, comfortable dentures. They can also be secured to implants for even better comfort and performance.
- Same-Day Smile – Our in-house lab allows you to get replacement teeth at the same time you get your new implants. No waiting!
- Tooth-Colored Fillings – Repair your teeth with metal-free composite fillings for a healthy, attractive look. We can also replace your old silver fillings with these restorations.
- Dental Veneers – Thin porcelain shells quickly conceal tooth flaws to strengthen your teeth and create a beautiful new smile.
- Inlays and Onlays – These long-lasting porcelain restorations bond to damaged teeth when a standard filling won’t work.
- Root Canal Therapy – Dr. Dickson will get you out of pain and, in most cases, save your diseased tooth from extraction.
- Full-Mouth Rehabilitation – We can replace all your teeth using implants or restore your worn teeth with zirconia crowns.
Learn more about our restorative dentist, Darren Dickson at My Dentist in Plano. Call us today to schedule your appointment or request an appointment using our online form. Enjoy a healthy, whole smile again!
"Dear Dr. Dickson and Staff, Thank you for the outstanding dental care for the past nine years. Whether it has been a scheduled maintenance, restorative procedure, or aesthetic preference, I am always reminded of how lucky I am to have found such wonderful individuals for all my dental needs. It is your dedication to detail and caring patient relationships that makes my choice for My Dentist in Plano the perfect choice for my individual care as well as our family dentist without reservation. With every appointment, I am met with caring and professional staff. I enjoy the personal attention that is shown to both myself and family members at each appointment. My children are happy to visit the dentist knowing they will be taken great care of by you and your staff. With My Sincerest Thanks, C.D."- C.D. / Office Visit / Sep 30, 2020
"Dear Dr. Dickson, Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the amazing results with my new smile. I came to you at the suggestion of one of your happy patients, also a work associate of mine. I had been given a recommended plan and quote from another dentist and wanted to get a second opinion. I remember the other plan was a little less expensive and would have provided quicker results. But I also remember you advised me that the results of the other plan could put me in a dental chair regularly for major procedures for the rest of my life. As soon as I walked into your office, I felt comfortable. The care and attention of your staff is exemplary. You put together an entire team of an orthodontist and gum surgeon to combine with your dental expertise. At one time, there was even discussion I may need a jaw surgeon to perform major surgery. Thankfully, in the end the jaw surgery was not necessary. You were able to accomplish the results with only minor gum surgery. The process took a couple of years, but I am thrilled with the results. Being in sales, I find that one of my greatest assets is my smile. My smile has given me greater confidence and helped me build success in my career. I am often complimented on my wonderful smile. My boyfriend says it’s his favorite thing to see in the whole world! You and your team have literally changed my life. Thank you!"- M.B. / Office Visit / Sep 30, 2020
"I have been seeing Dr. Dickson for about 18 months now, after a 10-year leave of absence from visiting ANY dentist. My story and recommendation is long because the backstory is so important to why I recommend Dr. Dickson. To say I was frightened of the “horrendous dental chair” is an understatement. When I was 6 months old, I had scarlet fever and chicken pox at the same time. The treatment for these caused my enamel not to develop; that strong substance that protects your pearly whites, I have none. Dental work began for me as soon as my permanent teeth started coming in. My first cavity was drilled at the age of 5, with little to no numbing. From there, about 20 years in and out of the dentist chairs, every 6 months some new tooth to drill or root canal to be had. I have had veneers two prior times and my last root canal was about 10 years ago. After that, I just quit going. My memories are vivid: pain, discomfort, embarrassment, frustration … I then met Dr. Dickson through mutual friends. After talking with his wife first, she assured me I could do this and Dr. Dickson and his team would help me. First and foremost, his entire staff is AMAZING. They were patient with me as I, full of fear, walked in the office for the first time. The sound of any drills really brings me to my edge, so Lin, ever so quickly, pulled me from the waiting room and hollered to the staff, “Let’s get her comfortable, NOW!” I was sedated for my first cleaning and assessment of what was sure to be a huge project. When I went back for my consult, they made sure to take me quickly to where I couldn’t hear work being done, and Lin and I went over the whole plan. From there, Dr. Dickson restored my teeth in three sessions, all under sedation. He checked on me the evening after each session. The restoration has been life-changing. I have no discomfort, my teeth look natural, I smile fully and get so many compliments. I can really see it in photos!!! More importantly, together, we have pretty much conquered my fear. I have successfully followed up with two more cleanings on schedule, with NO cavities, and have graduated to not needing sedation for cleanings. Suzie is my hygienist and she quickly gets me in my chair and the nitrous started to ease my anxiety, and she lovingly calls it my “cocktail hour.” She always checks with me throughout the cleaning to see where my anxiety level is at. She and Dr. Dickson are kind as we talk through what I need to work on to keep my teeth healthy and beautiful. I have never felt negative about myself or reprimanded walking out of that office, which was so common with dentists before. I walked out on Wednesday after my cleaning and shed some tears. Battling my poor teeth health for so many years, Dr. Dickson and his colleagues have truly helped me make a transition that I never could have done on my own! Thanks Dr. D and staff!"- R.C. / Office Visit / Sep 30, 2020
"I’ve been away at college and grad school for the past six years, but always drive back to Plano to get my teeth cleaned. Thank you so much, Dr. Dickson, Susie, Terry, and all the amazing staff!"- K.S. / Google / Aug 16, 2020
"Great staff.... They really calm down your anxiety....."- R.V. / Google / May 30, 2020