Keep Your Teeth & Gums Healthy With Oral Surgery
When you’re facing a dental problem that can’t be helped with standard restorative treatment, oral surgery may be the next best option to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Dr. Dickson and our team have the tools and experience to perform several surgical procedures right here in our Plano, TX dental office.
Getting your procedure done at My Dentist in Plano has a few advantages:
- Feeling comfortable in the familiar surroundings of your dentist office
- Saving time and money of having to see outside specialists
- Getting the treatment you need to alleviate dental pain and save your smile
- Preparing your jawbone and gums for future dental implant placement
- Our i3D Smart CT machine gives us the details we need for efficient extractions
You have nothing to fear and everything to gain by putting your dental surgery in the hands of our skilled, experienced team. To find out which of our oral surgery procedures can solve your dental problem, call us to schedule an appointment.
Preserve Your Healthy Smile With Our Dental Surgery Options
Dr. Dickson has the training and the tools to perform a wide range of dental services, including surgical procedures that preserve your healthy smile.
- Tooth Extractions – Ideally, you want your natural teeth to last a lifetime. But when keeping a tooth puts your oral or overall health at risk, we can gently remove a tooth that can’t be saved. This includes problematic wisdom teeth that are causing you pain or pose potential spacing issues that threaten the alignment of your other teeth. For 15 years, we’ve had a specialist come into the office to perform wisdom teeth removal, ensuring predictable, comfortable care.
- Bone Grafts – If you’ve lost one or more teeth, you may not have enough bone mass in your jaw to support a dental implant. With bone grafting, we’re able to restore affected areas of your jawbone so it will become strong and healthy enough to support dental implants.
- Ridge Augmentation – This procedure can be performed along with a tooth extraction or dental implant placement. It preserves the jawbone and gum tissue so you don’t lose valuable mass in those structures.
- Sinus Lifts – If you don’t have enough room for a dental implant in your upper arch of teeth, we can bring in a periodontal specialist to perform a sinus lift to pave the way for future implant placement.
- Gum Grafts and Socket Preservation – Working in-house alongside a periodontist, Dr. Dickson can coordinate gum grafts and socket preservation procedures. These will keep the jawbone and gums healthy and strong for your ultimate tooth replacement. Gum grafts also restore the health and appearance of receding gums, often caused by gum disease.
"Dear Dr. Dickson and Staff, Thank you for the outstanding dental care for the past nine years. Whether it has been a scheduled maintenance, restorative procedure, or aesthetic preference, I am always reminded of how lucky I am to have found such wonderful individuals for all my dental needs. It is your dedication to detail and caring patient relationships that makes my choice for My Dentist in Plano the perfect choice for my individual care as well as our family dentist without reservation. With every appointment, I am met with caring and professional staff. I enjoy the personal attention that is shown to both myself and family members at each appointment. My children are happy to visit the dentist knowing they will be taken great care of by you and your staff. With My Sincerest Thanks, C.D."- C.D. / Office Visit / Sep 30, 2020
"Dear Dr. Dickson, Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the amazing results with my new smile. I came to you at the suggestion of one of your happy patients, also a work associate of mine. I had been given a recommended plan and quote from another dentist and wanted to get a second opinion. I remember the other plan was a little less expensive and would have provided quicker results. But I also remember you advised me that the results of the other plan could put me in a dental chair regularly for major procedures for the rest of my life. As soon as I walked into your office, I felt comfortable. The care and attention of your staff is exemplary. You put together an entire team of an orthodontist and gum surgeon to combine with your dental expertise. At one time, there was even discussion I may need a jaw surgeon to perform major surgery. Thankfully, in the end the jaw surgery was not necessary. You were able to accomplish the results with only minor gum surgery. The process took a couple of years, but I am thrilled with the results. Being in sales, I find that one of my greatest assets is my smile. My smile has given me greater confidence and helped me build success in my career. I am often complimented on my wonderful smile. My boyfriend says it’s his favorite thing to see in the whole world! You and your team have literally changed my life. Thank you!"- M.B. / Office Visit / Sep 30, 2020
"I have been seeing Dr. Dickson for about 18 months now, after a 10-year leave of absence from visiting ANY dentist. My story and recommendation is long because the backstory is so important to why I recommend Dr. Dickson. To say I was frightened of the “horrendous dental chair” is an understatement. When I was 6 months old, I had scarlet fever and chicken pox at the same time. The treatment for these caused my enamel not to develop; that strong substance that protects your pearly whites, I have none. Dental work began for me as soon as my permanent teeth started coming in. My first cavity was drilled at the age of 5, with little to no numbing. From there, about 20 years in and out of the dentist chairs, every 6 months some new tooth to drill or root canal to be had. I have had veneers two prior times and my last root canal was about 10 years ago. After that, I just quit going. My memories are vivid: pain, discomfort, embarrassment, frustration … I then met Dr. Dickson through mutual friends. After talking with his wife first, she assured me I could do this and Dr. Dickson and his team would help me. First and foremost, his entire staff is AMAZING. They were patient with me as I, full of fear, walked in the office for the first time. The sound of any drills really brings me to my edge, so Lin, ever so quickly, pulled me from the waiting room and hollered to the staff, “Let’s get her comfortable, NOW!” I was sedated for my first cleaning and assessment of what was sure to be a huge project. When I went back for my consult, they made sure to take me quickly to where I couldn’t hear work being done, and Lin and I went over the whole plan. From there, Dr. Dickson restored my teeth in three sessions, all under sedation. He checked on me the evening after each session. The restoration has been life-changing. I have no discomfort, my teeth look natural, I smile fully and get so many compliments. I can really see it in photos!!! More importantly, together, we have pretty much conquered my fear. I have successfully followed up with two more cleanings on schedule, with NO cavities, and have graduated to not needing sedation for cleanings. Suzie is my hygienist and she quickly gets me in my chair and the nitrous started to ease my anxiety, and she lovingly calls it my “cocktail hour.” She always checks with me throughout the cleaning to see where my anxiety level is at. She and Dr. Dickson are kind as we talk through what I need to work on to keep my teeth healthy and beautiful. I have never felt negative about myself or reprimanded walking out of that office, which was so common with dentists before. I walked out on Wednesday after my cleaning and shed some tears. Battling my poor teeth health for so many years, Dr. Dickson and his colleagues have truly helped me make a transition that I never could have done on my own! Thanks Dr. D and staff!"- R.C. / Office Visit / Sep 30, 2020
"I’ve been away at college and grad school for the past six years, but always drive back to Plano to get my teeth cleaned. Thank you so much, Dr. Dickson, Susie, Terry, and all the amazing staff!"- K.S. / Google / Aug 16, 2020
"Great staff.... They really calm down your anxiety....."- R.V. / Google / May 30, 2020
Choose Dental Sedation For a More Comfortable Procedure
During your surgical procedure, Dr. Dickson and our caring team will go out of our way to ensure your comfort. Choose among these options to help you feel more at ease:
- Massage chairs and warm neck rolls
- Ceiling-mounted TVs
- Relaxing music
- Dental sedation options to calm your nerves
Keep your teeth and gums healthy with oral surgery in Plano, TX. To explore your options, call or contact us online to request an appointment.