Keep Your Teeth & Gums Healthy With Oral Surgery
When you’re facing a dental problem that can’t be helped with standard restorative treatment, oral surgery may be the next best option to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Dr. Dickson and our team have the tools and experience to perform several surgical procedures right here in our Plano, TX dental office.
Getting your procedure done at My Dentist in Plano has a few advantages:
- Feeling comfortable in the familiar surroundings of your dentist office
- Saving time and money of having to see outside specialists
- Getting the treatment you need to alleviate dental pain and save your smile
- Preparing your jawbone and gums for future dental implant placement
- Our i3D Smart CT machine gives us the details we need for efficient extractions
You have nothing to fear and everything to gain by putting your dental surgery in the hands of our skilled, experienced team. To find out which of our oral surgery procedures can solve your dental problem, call us to schedule an appointment.
Preserve Your Healthy Smile With Our Dental Surgery Options
Dr. Dickson has the training and the tools to perform a wide range of dental services, including surgical procedures that preserve your healthy smile.
- Tooth Extractions – Ideally, you want your natural teeth to last a lifetime. But when keeping a tooth puts your oral or overall health at risk, we can gently remove a tooth that can’t be saved. This includes problematic wisdom teeth that are causing you pain or pose potential spacing issues that threaten the alignment of your other teeth. For 15 years, we’ve had a specialist come into the office to perform wisdom teeth removal, ensuring predictable, comfortable care.
- Bone Grafts – If you’ve lost one or more teeth, you may not have enough bone mass in your jaw to support a dental implant. With bone grafting, we’re able to restore affected areas of your jawbone so it will become strong and healthy enough to support dental implants.
- Ridge Augmentation – This procedure can be performed along with a tooth extraction or dental implant placement. It preserves the jawbone and gum tissue so you don’t lose valuable mass in those structures.
- Sinus Lifts – If you don’t have enough room for a dental implant in your upper arch of teeth, we can bring in a periodontal specialist to perform a sinus lift to pave the way for future implant placement.
- Gum Grafts and Socket Preservation – Working in-house alongside a periodontist, Dr. Dickson can coordinate gum grafts and socket preservation procedures. These will keep the jawbone and gums healthy and strong for your ultimate tooth replacement. Gum grafts also restore the health and appearance of receding gums, often caused by gum disease.
"Same Day Crown I am a long-time patient at My Dentist in Plano and recently had an older crown that needed to be replaced. My appointment was at 7:00 AM and after arriving I learned that they now have the equipment on-site to produce same day crowns. Every step went as smooth as possible. My new crown was designed, fabricated, and placed in less than two hours. I highly recommend this service that Dr. Dickson offers."- D.T. / Google / Nov 28, 2021
"I’ve been a patient here for over a year now and every experience I’d had with the team at My Dentist in Plano has been pleasant. I don’t dread going to the dentist anymore. The team really takes time to get to know you, what services are most important to you, and leaves you with a smile. They have been timely with appointment schedules - I’ve never had to wait past my appointment time. They know your name and greet you when you come in the door. Their level of customer service is top tier."- L.N. / Google / Nov 21, 2021
"Dr Dickson continues to add advanced technology for his patients. I got my crown fitting and final crown in less then 1 1/2. Yes all in one day, no more follow up appointment. I highly recommend Dr Dickson for your entire family."- S.V. / Google / Nov 05, 2021
"Dr. Darren Dickson has been my dentist for 8 years. He is exceptional at his profession. His story goes well beyond that. He takes care of his staff as if they were his own family. He knows his patients and remembers details about their lives. He is a gracious giver to the community. He encourages healthy living for everyone he treats. He truly is My Dentist in Plano."- J.B. / Google / Nov 05, 2021
"I moved here in January 2021 and had to find a new dentist of course. With so many dental offices around, I picked this dentist because it was nearby my place, plus he had good reviews online. So far I’ve gone in twice for regular teeth cleaning and the staff is very friendly and thorough. The office is also very modernized and they have the most up-to-date tools to carefully evaluate my teeth and health. I would highly recommend this dentist office"- C.T. / Google / Sep 16, 2021
Choose Dental Sedation For a More Comfortable Procedure
During your surgical procedure, Dr. Dickson and our caring team will go out of our way to ensure your comfort. Choose among these options to help you feel more at ease:
- Massage chairs and warm neck rolls
- Ceiling-mounted TVs
- Relaxing music
- Dental sedation options to calm your nerves
Keep your teeth and gums healthy with oral surgery in Plano, TX. To explore your options, call or contact us online to request an appointment.