Keep Your Teeth & Gums Healthy With Oral Surgery
When you’re facing a dental problem that can’t be helped with standard restorative treatment, oral surgery may be the next best option to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Dr. Dickson and our team have the tools and experience to perform several surgical procedures right here in our Plano, TX dental office.
Getting your procedure done at My Dentist in Plano has a few advantages:
- Feeling comfortable in the familiar surroundings of your dentist office
- Saving time and money of having to see outside specialists
- Getting the treatment you need to alleviate dental pain and save your smile
- Preparing your jawbone and gums for future dental implant placement
- Our i3D Smart CT machine gives us the details we need for efficient extractions
You have nothing to fear and everything to gain by putting your dental surgery in the hands of our skilled, experienced team. To find out which of our oral surgery procedures can solve your dental problem, call us to schedule an appointment.
Preserve Your Healthy Smile With Our Dental Surgery Options
Dr. Dickson has the training and the tools to perform a wide range of dental services, including surgical procedures that preserve your healthy smile.
- Tooth Extractions – Ideally, you want your natural teeth to last a lifetime. But when keeping a tooth puts your oral or overall health at risk, we can gently remove a tooth that can’t be saved. This includes problematic wisdom teeth that are causing you pain or pose potential spacing issues that threaten the alignment of your other teeth. For 15 years, we’ve had a specialist come into the office to perform wisdom teeth removal, ensuring predictable, comfortable care.
- Bone Grafts – If you’ve lost one or more teeth, you may not have enough bone mass in your jaw to support a dental implant. With bone grafting, we’re able to restore affected areas of your jawbone so it will become strong and healthy enough to support dental implants.
- Ridge Augmentation – This procedure can be performed along with a tooth extraction or dental implant placement. It preserves the jawbone and gum tissue so you don’t lose valuable mass in those structures.
- Sinus Lifts – If you don’t have enough room for a dental implant in your upper arch of teeth, we can bring in a periodontal specialist to perform a sinus lift to pave the way for future implant placement.
- Gum Grafts and Socket Preservation – Working in-house alongside a periodontist, Dr. Dickson can coordinate gum grafts and socket preservation procedures. These will keep the jawbone and gums healthy and strong for your ultimate tooth replacement. Gum grafts also restore the health and appearance of receding gums, often caused by gum disease.
"Dr. Darren Dickson Is A, 5 STAR Dentist & His Assistants Are 5 Star Too."- C.K. / Google / Sep 14, 2022
"Dr. Dickson and staff are awesome! Everyone in the office is so friendly. They have the latest and greatest equipment. I got my permanent crown in a single visit (no follow up appointment necessary). Highly recommended!"- S.D. / Google / Sep 07, 2022
"Patient, caring, and thorough experience. I highly recommend My Dentist in Plano. Dr. Dickson rocks!"- C.W. / Google / Aug 23, 2022
"Been going to this dentist for years now and love the service and the expertise and the advice they provide on every visit. Dr. Dickson and his staff are number one in my book and I do recommend him to any family member or friend looking for a good dentist in Plano."- C.M. / Google / Jun 28, 2022
"Very warm and friendly, family oriented atmosphere from front desk all the way to the dentist. I would give it more than five stars if I could. Definitely will recommend 😊"- T.M. / Google / Jun 07, 2022
Choose Dental Sedation For a More Comfortable Procedure
During your surgical procedure, Dr. Dickson and our caring team will go out of our way to ensure your comfort. Choose among these options to help you feel more at ease:
- Massage chairs and warm neck rolls
- Ceiling-mounted TVs
- Relaxing music
- Dental sedation options to calm your nerves
Keep your teeth and gums healthy with oral surgery in Plano, TX. To explore your options, call or contact us online to request an appointment.