Keep Your Teeth & Gums Healthy With Oral Surgery
When you’re facing a dental problem that can’t be helped with standard restorative treatment, oral surgery may be the next best option to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Dr. Dickson and our team have the tools and experience to perform several surgical procedures right here in our Plano, TX dental office.
Getting your procedure done at My Dentist in Plano has a few advantages:
- Feeling comfortable in the familiar surroundings of your dentist office
- Saving time and money of having to see outside specialists
- Getting the treatment you need to alleviate dental pain and save your smile
- Preparing your jawbone and gums for future dental implant placement
- Our i3D Smart CT machine gives us the details we need for efficient extractions
You have nothing to fear and everything to gain by putting your dental surgery in the hands of our skilled, experienced team. To find out which of our oral surgery procedures can solve your dental problem, call us to schedule an appointment.
Preserve Your Healthy Smile With Our Dental Surgery Options
Dr. Dickson has the training and the tools to perform a wide range of dental services, including surgical procedures that preserve your healthy smile.
- Tooth Extractions – Ideally, you want your natural teeth to last a lifetime. But when keeping a tooth puts your oral or overall health at risk, we can gently remove a tooth that can’t be saved. This includes problematic wisdom teeth that are causing you pain or pose potential spacing issues that threaten the alignment of your other teeth. For 15 years, we’ve had a specialist come into the office to perform wisdom teeth removal, ensuring predictable, comfortable care.
- Bone Grafts – If you’ve lost one or more teeth, you may not have enough bone mass in your jaw to support a dental implant. With bone grafting, we’re able to restore affected areas of your jawbone so it will become strong and healthy enough to support dental implants.
- Ridge Augmentation – This procedure can be performed along with a tooth extraction or dental implant placement. It preserves the jawbone and gum tissue so you don’t lose valuable mass in those structures.
- Sinus Lifts – If you don’t have enough room for a dental implant in your upper arch of teeth, we can bring in a periodontal specialist to perform a sinus lift to pave the way for future implant placement.
- Gum Grafts and Socket Preservation – Working in-house alongside a periodontist, Dr. Dickson can coordinate gum grafts and socket preservation procedures. These will keep the jawbone and gums healthy and strong for your ultimate tooth replacement. Gum grafts also restore the health and appearance of receding gums, often caused by gum disease.
"Dr. Dickson and his entire team are professional and caring, taking extra time with each patient to build a relationship and appropriate care plan. They handle everyone with respect and calm any dental fears you may have each and every time. Great staff, great service!"- H.P. / Google / Jun 17, 2021
"Very friendly staff!"- E.B. / Google / Apr 27, 2021
"I had a wonderful experience with my appointment today. Everyone was so nice and made me feel very comfortable. Thank you, Dr Darren Dickson, Terry, Lyn and everyone at My Dentist in Plano."- R.W. / Google / Apr 15, 2021
"Wonderful experience and high quality!"- J.K. / Facebook / Apr 14, 2021
"I've been going to My Dentist in Plano for years now and have not had one bad experience with Dr. Dickson or his staff. Everyone is so friendly, helpful, and professional! I never feel nervous about going into an appointment because I know I will be taken care of. Would highly recommend their office to anyone looking for top of the line dental care!"- G.C. / Google / Apr 13, 2021
Choose Dental Sedation For a More Comfortable Procedure
During your surgical procedure, Dr. Dickson and our caring team will go out of our way to ensure your comfort. Choose among these options to help you feel more at ease:
- Massage chairs and warm neck rolls
- Ceiling-mounted TVs
- Relaxing music
- Dental sedation options to calm your nerves
Keep your teeth and gums healthy with oral surgery in Plano, TX. To explore your options, call or contact us online to request an appointment.