Keep Your Teeth & Gums Healthy With Oral Surgery
When you’re facing a dental problem that can’t be helped with standard restorative treatment, oral surgery may be the next best option to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Dr. Dickson and our team have the tools and experience to perform several surgical procedures right here in our Plano, TX dental office.
Getting your procedure done at My Dentist in Plano has a few advantages:
- Feeling comfortable in the familiar surroundings of your dentist office
- Saving time and money of having to see outside specialists
- Getting the treatment you need to alleviate dental pain and save your smile
- Preparing your jawbone and gums for future dental implant placement
- Our i3D Smart CT machine gives us the details we need for efficient extractions
You have nothing to fear and everything to gain by putting your dental surgery in the hands of our skilled, experienced team. To find out which of our oral surgery procedures can solve your dental problem, call us to schedule an appointment.
Preserve Your Healthy Smile With Our Dental Surgery Options
Dr. Dickson has the training and the tools to perform a wide range of dental services, including surgical procedures that preserve your healthy smile.
- Tooth Extractions – Ideally, you want your natural teeth to last a lifetime. But when keeping a tooth puts your oral or overall health at risk, we can gently remove a tooth that can’t be saved. This includes problematic wisdom teeth that are causing you pain or pose potential spacing issues that threaten the alignment of your other teeth. For 15 years, we’ve had a specialist come into the office to perform wisdom teeth removal, ensuring predictable, comfortable care.
- Bone Grafts – If you’ve lost one or more teeth, you may not have enough bone mass in your jaw to support a dental implant. With bone grafting, we’re able to restore affected areas of your jawbone so it will become strong and healthy enough to support dental implants.
- Ridge Augmentation – This procedure can be performed along with a tooth extraction or dental implant placement. It preserves the jawbone and gum tissue so you don’t lose valuable mass in those structures.
- Sinus Lifts – If you don’t have enough room for a dental implant in your upper arch of teeth, we can bring in a periodontal specialist to perform a sinus lift to pave the way for future implant placement.
- Gum Grafts and Socket Preservation – Working in-house alongside a periodontist, Dr. Dickson can coordinate gum grafts and socket preservation procedures. These will keep the jawbone and gums healthy and strong for your ultimate tooth replacement. Gum grafts also restore the health and appearance of receding gums, often caused by gum disease.
"Dr. Dickson and his staff are amazing. I want to recognize Lilly and Rachel for their professional assistance with my dental surgery yesterday."- J.W. / Google / Dec 10, 2020
"The staff and Dr. Dickson give impeccable service. They are honest and caring and make you feel comfortable. I'm frightened of the dentist's chair. I'm the woman that crys just for a chat in the chair. I don't think I'll be scared any longer, after a recent oral surgery there. I've got more treatment to go, but know they'll make me comfortable and ensure that pain doesn't have to be part of the dental experience."- M.B. / Google / Dec 10, 2020
"Dr Dickson and his team are the best!"- L.A. / Google / Nov 06, 2020
"Great professional service, works with the patient and has most modern techniques. I cannot say enough about how happy I am with Dr. Dickson, Rachel, Lynn, Susie and all the staff at My Dentist in Plano. I have always received exceptional care with outstanding results. I trust them completely and they never disappoint"- J.H. / Google / Nov 06, 2020
"Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2020, was the first time our 4 year old has been to the dentist. Dr. Dickson and his staff made her feel so comfortable and relaxed that she held her mouth open even when they weren’t cleaning her teeth. To top it off she has some cavities and she’s begging to go back so Dr. Darren can get her "cavity bugs". The icing on the cake was the way Dr. Darren explained what cavities are, how we get them, and most importantly how we can prevent them. Since coming home from the visit with Dr. Darren our sugar craving 4 year old has avoided the coveted fruity pebbles and has opted for fruit for the win! Many thanks to Dr. Dickson and his amazing staff!! Looking forward to seeing you soon to fix the "cavity bugs"! Our whole family (Mom, Dad, 11yo and 4yo) appreciate that we can all be seen together under one roof!"- R.M. / Yelp / Oct 23, 2020
Choose Dental Sedation For a More Comfortable Procedure
During your surgical procedure, Dr. Dickson and our caring team will go out of our way to ensure your comfort. Choose among these options to help you feel more at ease:
- Massage chairs and warm neck rolls
- Ceiling-mounted TVs
- Relaxing music
- Dental sedation options to calm your nerves
Keep your teeth and gums healthy with oral surgery in Plano, TX. To explore your options, call or contact us online to request an appointment.