Protect Your Teeth During Play
At My Dentist in Plano, we have many restorative dentistry procedures for repairing damaged teeth. However, you’ll avoid cost and hassle by preventing damage from occurring in the first place. That’s why our Plano, TX mouthguards are a good idea. According to the Journal of the American Dental Association, up to 39 percent of all dental injuries are related to sports. That’s a lot of injuries! We can fit you for a custom-made athletic mouthguard to protect you during play.
Our athletic mouthguards:
- Fit Better – Since our mouthguards are made from impressions of your teeth, they fit better than a mouthguard bought at a sporting goods store.
- More Comfortable – A better fit means they are more comfortable. You won’t be tempted to leave your custom mouthguard on the sidelines.
- Offer the Right Level of Protection – Dr. Dickson will make sure you get a level of protection appropriate for the sport you play.
- Leave Fit to the Professionals – Many store-bought mouthguards require you to put them in boiling water, then try to mold them to your teeth while they are still warm. It’s much easier, and more effective, to let Dr. Dickson take impressions of your teeth.
- Help You Show Team Support – You can get your custom mouthguard customized in team colors.
A mouthguard is an especially good idea if you have orthodontics. To schedule a fitting for an athletic mouthguard, call us today.
Prevent the Effects of Bruxism With a Mouthguard
Bruxism (teeth grinding) is a habit that can wear down the enamel on your teeth, making you more prone to tooth decay and gum disease. Grinding has also been linked to TMJ disorders, which cause jaw pain and other unpleasant symptoms. Dr. Dickson can fit you for a custom anti-grinding mouthguard that gently moves your jaw into a position that prevents grinding.
Call us today for more information on mouthguards in Plano, TX. Whether you need one for sports or for bruxism, we’ve got you covered! You’ll find our office at 6545 Preston Road, Ste. 100 in Plano. We’re located near Gulledge Elementary School and Preston Creek Montessori.
"Dr. Dickson and his entire team are professional and caring, taking extra time with each patient to build a relationship and appropriate care plan. They handle everyone with respect and calm any dental fears you may have each and every time. Great staff, great service!"- H.P. / Google / Jun 17, 2021
"Very friendly staff!"- E.B. / Google / Apr 27, 2021
"I had a wonderful experience with my appointment today. Everyone was so nice and made me feel very comfortable. Thank you, Dr Darren Dickson, Terry, Lyn and everyone at My Dentist in Plano."- R.W. / Google / Apr 15, 2021
"Wonderful experience and high quality!"- J.K. / Facebook / Apr 14, 2021
"I've been going to My Dentist in Plano for years now and have not had one bad experience with Dr. Dickson or his staff. Everyone is so friendly, helpful, and professional! I never feel nervous about going into an appointment because I know I will be taken care of. Would highly recommend their office to anyone looking for top of the line dental care!"- G.C. / Google / Apr 13, 2021
Find Effective Sleep Apnea Solutions In Plano, TX
Get help with sleep apnea symptoms with our team at My Dentist in Plano and find yourself sleeping better at night.Read
Athletic Mouthguards Protect Winning Smiles
Get your athletic mouthguards at My Dentist in Plano, TX. Call us today to request your preventive dentistry appointment.Read
Athletic Mouthguards That Work In Plano
Find athletic mouthguards for all spring sports at My Dentist in Plano, Texas. Call us today for an easy appointment.Read
An Athletic Mouthguards Solution In Plano
Get your family's athletic mouthguards at My Dentist in Plano, TX. Call us today to request your easy appointmentRead