Maintain a Vibrant Smile By Visiting Our Plano Dentist
To keep your smile attractive and healthy, you should visit My Dentist in Plano every six months for a dental cleaning and exam. But there’s much more to general dentistry than just regular checkups. Dr. Darren Dickson and our Plano dental team offer care and treatments that will:
- Shield your teeth from cavity-causing bacteria. Protect your teeth against injury.
- Stop gum disease and get your mouth healthy again.
- Screen you for oral cancer and sleep apnea. Help you make better nutrition choices.
- Provide relief from chronic dry mouth and bad breath.
Make your appointment today for general dentistry care. Call us today to speak with a friendly team member. Our Preston Road location is convenient for residents in and around the 75024 Plano ZIP code.
Visit a Patient-Centered Dentist
When you turn to Dr. Dickson for your dental needs, you’re enlisting the aid of an expert dentist. He was selected as one of “America’s Top Dentists” by the Consumers’ Research Council of America, has been voted “Texas Super Dentist” by Texas Monthly magazine, and was voted Plano’s “Best Aesthetic Dentist” by Star Local Media Readers’ Choice awards. He also is a faculty member at the CARD Institute (the Center for Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry) and involved in many other professional dental organizations.
One reason our patients love his care is that he provides personalized treatment to help them enjoy lifelong smiles. Here are a few of our general dentistry treatments that can help you smile confidently, too:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – Your comprehensive checkup will include a complete dental exam, screening for oral cancer and sleep apnea, a thorough teeth cleaning, and an inspection for cavities using laser cavity detection.
- Tooth Sealants – Sealants are like raincoats for your teeth, forming a barrier between your tooth enamel and harmful bacteria. Fluoride Treatments and Varnishes – Fluoride helps prevent cavities and can even reverse tooth decay in the early stages.
- Gum Disease Treatment – Depending on the condition of your gums, we offer a trio of treatments to remove bacteria below the gumline – an antibiotic rinse, deep cleaning treatment, and laser treatment.
- Nutritional Counseling – We’ll help you understand how your food choices affect your oral health and total body health.
- Athletic Mouthguards – Wear a custom mouthguard to help prevent dental damage during sports. You can even get special colors and prints on your mouthguard.
- Bruxism Mouthguards – Prevent damage to your tooth enamel caused by bruxism (teeth grinding).
- Treatment For Dry Mouth and Halitosis (Bad Breath) – We can help you manage these conditions through education and recommendations for specialty products.
"I moved here in January 2021 and had to find a new dentist of course. With so many dental offices around, I picked this dentist because it was nearby my place, plus he had good reviews online. So far I’ve gone in twice for regular teeth cleaning and the staff is very friendly and thorough. The office is also very modernized and they have the most up-to-date tools to carefully evaluate my teeth and health. I would highly recommend this dentist office"- C.T. / Google / Sep 16, 2021
"Excellent dental care for me for 7 years now. I wouldn't think of going anywhere else for my teeth. The staff is excellent also. They're just the best!"- B.R. / Google / Aug 18, 2021
"Dr. Dickson is the best. Highly recommended!"- T.A. / Google / Aug 14, 2021
"Perfect place if you’re looking for a dentist. The staff was so kind and answers every question you ask. And to mention the way Darren greets and talks to you about everything is so good. This is my first time visit to a dentist and for sure I’m very happy I chose him above others. He didn’t prove my decision wrong."- S.G. / Google / Jul 29, 2021
"I’ve been going to this dentist office for a couple years now and have nothing but great things to say about it. Highly recommend!"- K.F. / Google / Jul 28, 2021
Long-Term Goals of Our Preventive Dentistry
Dr. Dickson’s goal is to provide excellent preventive general dentistry care for all of his patients. He gives everyone the opportunity to choose ideal oral health, allowing them to create a plan that makes their teeth look amazing, feel great, and last for decades. Getting regular preventive dentistry will allow you to keep all your natural teeth healthy for a lifetime, prevent unwanted emergencies from toothaches and broken teeth, and even save money down the road by preventing more costly root canals and dental implants.
Keep a happy, healthy smile for life with general dentistry. Call us today to schedule your appointment, or contact us online.
Can Dental Implants Be Removed?
When would a dental implant need to be removed, and is it even possible? Learn everything you need to know about removing dental implants here.Read
Get To Know Us For Great General Dentistry
Meet your new general dentist at My Dentist in Plano, TX. Call us today to request your preventive dentistry appointment.Read
Don’t Put Your Dental Checkup Off Any Longer
Learn about what to expect during your next preventive dentistry visit with Dr. Dickson at My Dentist In Plano.Read
Your Family Dentistry Home In Plano
Dr. Dickson has two kids, so he knows full well that the dental patients in your family, will each have their own set of challenges to work through.Read