Enjoy Your Choice of Plano Sedation Options For Relaxing Dental Care
You don’t have to fear going to the dentist. With several sedation options for your comfort, My Dentist in Plano will make sure you’re calm and relaxed while we tend to your smile. With sedation dentistry in our Plano dentist office, you can:Read Transcript
Here at My Dentist in Plano, we have a lot of patients that have tremendous fear and anxiety about even just coming through the front door, much less getting into the chair where I'm going to see the patient. I've taken a lot of extra training in learning how to safely and adequately sedate patients to where they can comfortably sleep while safely monitored with a hospital monitor where we can monitor all of your vitals.
Then we slowly and comfortably put you to sleep. Then as you’re sleeping and snoozing and dreaming, we're in there getting your dental procedure done. Then when you wake up at home on the couch, you're asking and wondering, "What happened? I thought I was at the dentist's office." For those who have just a little bit of anxiety about dental procedures, we have soothing inhaled gas, (inaudible), which is a great adjunct to ... I call it “breathable margaritas.”
It's like having a little cocktail during your dental visit, and while you're sitting back watching some satellite television, people say it's kind of fun getting their teeth cleaned or getting work done or getting some fillings done or some crowns done while they're having a happy hour here.
We also have a lot of patients that are older and maybe have more complex medical complications going on. I work with great team of anesthesiologists that come in, and we can safely do IV sedation to take care of and get work done on people that are more medically compromised. In summary, with our sedation options here at My Dentist in Plano, we can comfortably treat anyone no matter what your hesitations or frustrations are with not being able to get dentistry done because you're afraid, we can definitely take care of you.
- Rest easy and receive the dental care you need.
- Prevent cavities, gum disease, and other smile-damaging problems.
- Enjoy peace of mind without worrying about the unknown.
- Keep your smile attractive and maintain a healthier appearance.
- Learn about possible treatments to enhance your smile.
Make your appointment for gentle care today! Call 972-737-7039 to speak with a member of our friendly team. Our office is located at 6545 Preston Road, Ste. 100 – in the 75024 ZIP code, across the road from Camden Legacy Park Apartments.
Sedation Makes Great Dental Care Easy
Because My Dentist in Plano treats many types of patients, each with unique needs and concerns, we don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach to sedation. We offer four different sedation methods to accommodate every person who trusts us with their smile. If you’re nervous about dentistry and have trouble relaxing in a dentist’s chair, one of these will work for you:
- Inhaled Sedation – Laughing gas will give you a gentle feeling of euphoria and help take your mind off your dental treatment. Its effects wear off quickly, and you’ll feel like yourself in no time.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – Dr. Dickson will provide you with a small pill in the office and wait until you comfortably and safely fall to sleep. You will remember little to nothing of your entire visit; in fact, the next thing you know, you will wake up at home on your sofa. You will need a ride to and from your appointment.
- IV Sedation – For a deeper level of sedation, expertly administered IV sedation will put you in a “twilight state.” You won’t remember anything about the sights, smells, and sounds of your visit.
- Full Intubated Sedation – We’ll put you under general anesthesia, carefully monitoring and adjusting the sedative level as needed. If you have extreme dental phobia or are unable to comfortably sit for an extended period, this type of sedation may be right for you.