Enjoy a Full Set of Teeth With Plano Dentures
Today’s dentures are a far cry from the “false teeth” that your grandfather used to wear. Replacement teeth from My Dentist in Plano fit more comfortably and perform much better! Dr. Dickson uses Plano dentures to help our patients:Read Transcript
One of the other common misconceptions about dentures is that once you get a regular set of dentures that they're going to be just like my natural teeth again. Nothing could be further from the truth. We have a couple of ways that we can fix and attach your dentures down in a more secure manner.
If you don't mind having your denture teeth come out of your mouth, then we can place implants and snap your dentures down on top of the implants, which is a great, fantastic alternative, and it's a game-changer. One of the other things that we can do is if you absolutely positively do not want to have to take your teeth out to clean them even though they are snapping in on top of implants in your mouth, we have the option of making what's called a screw-retained hybrid denture. A screw-retained hybrid denture fits into your mouth, and then we have little tiny screws that fix the denture down on top of the implants to where you don't have to take your teeth out, and you just have normal, natural, happy, healthy, smiling teeth that no one can tell the difference.
And the only way that you can take them out is to come back to my office and once a year, we remove your dentures, clean them, clean around your implants, and then gently and safely put your dentures back in, screw them back down, smooth them off, and then you're back in business for another year again.
- Eat crunchy, healthy foods that they had been avoiding.
- Smile with more boldness and confidence.
- Improve their oral health and avoid health problems in other areas of their body.
- Feel better about their appearance.
- Speak more clearly so that others can understand them the first time.
Join thousands of other happy patients! Call us today to become part of our dental family: 972-737-7039.
With advances in materials and manufacturing, modern dentures are more reliable than ever before. Combined with Dr. Dickson’s skill in restorative dentistry, custom dentures will give you a gorgeous set of fully functional teeth. He and our team offer you several dentures options, including:
- Conventional Full Dentures – This style of denture has stood the test of time. Full dentures fill in an entire arch of teeth and can be removed easily for cleaning.
- Conventional Partial Dentures – Like full dentures, these replacement teeth pop out easily for daily care. However, we use them when a patient has some healthy teeth remaining. A clasp will secure them to your other teeth.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – Using a sturdy system of snaps and balls, your new dentures will anchor to a set of dental implants. You will enjoy an even more stable and comfortable fit than standard dentures offer.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – We will secure these dentures to a bar that is in turn anchored to dental implants. This design makes them our most comfortable denture, as it transfers the force from chewing and biting to your jaw, just like your natural teeth do.
- Temporary Dentures – For same-day smile treatment, we will fit you with this kind of replacement teeth while your final dental restoration is being made.
Dentures in Plano can help you enjoy life with less stress and hassle. Call our team today at 972-737-7039 to schedule your appointment.