Keep Your Teeth & Gums Healthy With Oral Surgery in Plano, TX
When you’re facing a dental problem that can’t be helped with standard restorative treatment, oral surgery may be the next best option to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Dr. Dickson and our team have the tools and experience to perform several surgical procedures right here in our Plano, TX dental office.
Getting your procedure done at My Dentist in Plano has a few advantages:Read Transcript
Oral surgery can be one of the best ways to get people out of pain and to restore dental health. For instance, if somebody has a broken tooth or a decayed tooth that has become painful or is no longer restorable where we just can't save the tooth, sometimes the best option is just to get the tooth out. In that particular instance then, I've had a lot of extra training in how to preserve what's left of the bone around that tooth that we've extracted and to prepare that site with bone and gum tissue, prepare that site for a dental implant.
There are other instances where people have, they have a full complement of all 32 teeth, which includes four wisdom teeth. When people have four wisdom teeth trying to grow into the back where there's not sufficient amount of room, a lot of complicating factors can take place. You can get swollen, uncomfortable gum tissue. You can have decay in the wisdom teeth way back in the back. They're difficult to reach, hard to brush, and hard to clean. And then in those instances when there just isn't enough room for the wisdom teeth, the best thing for that patient is to safely and easily get those teeth out, get those teeth extracted.
For the last 17 years, I've worked with a fantastic group of general dentists that specialize in taking out wisdom teeth. Young patients, old patients, anywhere in between, if you have wisdom teeth that need to be extracted, we have a fantastic team that can come in and get you taken care of.
- Feeling comfortable in the familiar surroundings of your dentist office
- Saving time and money of having to see outside specialists
- Getting the treatment you need to alleviate dental pain and save your smile
- Preparing your jawbone and gums for future dental implant placement
- Our i3D Smart CT machine gives us the details we need for efficient extractions
You have nothing to fear and everything to gain by putting your dental surgery in the hands of our skilled, experienced team. To find out which of our oral surgery procedures can solve your dental problem, call 972-737-7039 to schedule an appointment.
Preserve Your Healthy Smile With Our Dental Surgery Options
Dr. Dickson has the training and the tools to perform a wide range of dental services, including surgical procedures that preserve your healthy smile.
- Tooth Extractions – Ideally, you want your natural teeth to last a lifetime. But when keeping a tooth puts your oral or overall health at risk, we can gently remove a tooth that can’t be saved. This includes problematic wisdom teeth that are causing you pain or pose potential spacing issues that threaten the alignment of your other teeth. For 15 years, we’ve had a specialist come into the office to perform wisdom teeth removal, ensuring predictable, comfortable care.
- Bone Grafts – If you’ve lost one or more teeth, you may not have enough bone mass in your jaw to support a dental implant. With bone grafting, we’re able to restore affected areas of your jawbone so it will become strong and healthy enough to support dental implants.
- Ridge Augmentation – This procedure can be performed along with a tooth extraction or dental implant placement. It preserves the jawbone and gum tissue so you don’t lose valuable mass in those structures.
- Sinus Lifts – If you don’t have enough room for a dental implant in your upper arch of teeth, we can bring in a periodontal specialist to perform a sinus lift to pave the way for future implant placement.
- Gum Grafts and Socket Preservation – Working in-house alongside a periodontist, Dr. Dickson can coordinate gum grafts and socket preservation procedures. These will keep the jawbone and gums healthy and strong for your ultimate tooth replacement. Gum grafts also restore the health and appearance of receding gums, often caused by gum disease.
Choose Dental Sedation For a More Comfortable Procedure
During your surgical procedure, Dr. Dickson and our caring team will go out of our way to ensure your comfort. Choose among these options to help you feel more at ease:
- Massage chairs and warm neck rolls
- Ceiling-mounted TVs
- Relaxing music
- Dental sedation options to calm your nerves