Restore Your Oral Health With Gum Disease Treatment in Plano
Don’t mess around with gum disease. Left untreated, it can send your oral health on a downward spiral and lead to tooth loss. My Dentist in Plano can help, however. Dr. Dickson and our team take Plano gum disease treatment seriously because we want all of our patients to enjoy the best smile possible. Our skilled care can help you:Read Transcript
Here at My Dentist in Plano, we focus on prevention. One of the aspects of prevention that we focus on with a pretty large percentage of our patients is gum disease, or periodontal disease. Periodontal disease is easily treatable, but it does require a couple of short and well-planned easy visits with my hygienist. At those visits we can clean sufficiently down below the gumlines, and we can clean up the bacterial contaminants, and the buildup down below the gumlines, to allow us to prevent bone loss and hopefully prevent ever having any tooth lost or tooth mobility or tooth looseness. Basically, keeping up with regular dental cleanings for periodontal disease can prevent us from ever losing any teeth.
- Stop gum disease and protect you against smile damage.
- Avoid tooth loss caused by uncontrolled gum disease.
- Smile with more confidence knowing that your gums and teeth look attractive.
- Improve the quality of your breath and avoid embarrassing social interactions.
Get your gums back into shape! Call us today at 972-737-7039 to schedule an exam. We’re located at 6545 Preston Road, Ste. 100 – across the road from Camden Legacy Park Apartments.
Renew Your Smile With Expert Gum Disease Therapy
Gum disease progresses through stages. Bacteria in your mouth feed on sugar and create plaque that clings to your teeth and gums. Over time, plaque can become tartar and eventually form pockets of infection below the gumline. Symptoms of gum disease include bright red and tender gums, although you can have early-stage gum disease without any visible signs.
That’s why it’s so important to visit My Dentist in Plano at least twice a year for a dental exam and teeth cleaning. Regular checkups help us catch and treat gum disease early on for best results. If you need treatment for gum disease, your care could include any or all of these therapies:
- Local Antibiotic Treatment – We’ll administer antibiotic medication to your gums, usually in the form of a special mouthwash. It will eliminate harmful bacteria so your gums can begin to heal.
- Scaling & Root Planing – This treatment is also referred to as “deep cleaning.” Using precision tools and a gentle touch, we’ll remove built-up tartar and bacteria from your teeth and roots, then smooth the roots to help prevent reinfection.
- Laser Pocket Decontamination – A special low-power dental laser targets pockets of bacteria, killing germs and sealing your gums without any incisions or stitches.
Don’t risk your precious smile! Call us today at 972-737-7039 to set up an appointment for gum disease treatment in Plano.