Straight Teeth in a Day: One-Day Veneers
If you chip a tooth or if you have a wedding to attend (your own, for example), you undoubtedly want a gorgeous smile pronto.
Porcelain veneers can create the look of gorgeous, white and straight teeth. But the process can take at least two or three visits over two weeks or more to your Plano cosmetic dentist.
But there’s a relatively new veneer product and procedure available today that allows a dentist to give you veneers in just one day.
Enter the dentist’s office; leave with a beautiful smile.
The usual veneer process pretty much is as follows:
- Your first visit with your cosmetic dentist has him determining if you’re a candidate for veneers (your teeth, gums and jaw bones must be in good shape).
- The dentist will take a mold or impression of the teeth that will have veneers.
- Those molds then are sent to a dental lab where the veneers or crowns are made to fit your teeth.
- Your second visit may see the dentist shaving the front of your teeth a bit so that the veneers will bond perfectly to your original tooth.
- The dentist will place temporary caps/covers on your teeth.
- You then return for a third visit (often about two weeks later) during which the dentist removes the temporary caps and places the new veneers on your teeth.
- If the veneers fit, the dentist will place a special bonding agent on your original tooth that will hold them solidly to on top of your original teeth.
But the procedure for one-day veneers is more like this:
- Your dentist will make a mold of your teeth, but instead of sending the molds to a dental lab, the veneers will be made on that same day in the dentist’s office (new technology allows the dentist to do this).
- The dentist can then place the veneers and bond them to your teeth on the same day (you will have to wait a bit for the veneers to be made).
Not everyone who can have veneers is a good candidate for one-day veneers. The one-day veneers are thinner and may not last as long as lab-made veneers (although one-day veneers will last for years, but not the decades of the stronger veneers.
If you’re interested in learning more about our one-day veneers service, contact Dr. Darren Dickson by phone for an appointment.
Image courtesy of arztsamui/FreeDigitalPhotos.net