A Few Tips to Find a Great Family Dentist Quickly
Let’s say you’ve just moved to the Plano area and your child suddenly complains of a slight toothache. Nothing major, but it reminds you that you haven’t found a new dentist for your family yet.
Your own family can have smiles as beautiful as this one’s when you find a great Plano family dentist.
Take a look below for some tips to help your find a great family dentist quickly.
- You could first search in one of the several find-a-dentist websites that are proliferating online now. There’s Dentistry.com, 1800Dentist.com, DentalPlans.com, DeltaDental.com, and so on. Most let you search by ZIP code and some also allow you to search by the type of dental insurance coverage you have, so that that the only dentists that come up in your search are those that take your insurance. (Note: Please be aware that some of these sites are advertising vehicles for dentists – they pay for a listing and so the sites are in no way an objective search tool.)
- In addition to helping people find service providers such as plumbers, electricians, painters, etc., AngiesList.com also helps people find doctors and dentists in their area. There’s a fee to use Angie’s List, but the site offers patient reviews of service providers – and dentists in your area.
- If you moved to Plano to be near family, ask them for names of good Plano dentists. Be sure to tell the dentist you choose that your sister/cousin/aunt/brother-in-law recommended him.
- If you lived relatively near your new home before your move, call your former dentist: he may be able to recommend someone for you.
- If you’ve already found a new doctor or pharmacist, you can ask these professionals if they can recommend a dentist in the area.
- You also can contact your state or your local area’s dental society. Check out the American Dental Association’s website (ada.org) to find a list of state and local societies. You also can check out the ADA’s own find-a-dentist site, MouthHealthy.org. The search program allows you to find an ADA-member dentist near you.
- The ADA recommends that you visit more than one Plano dentist before choosing one to become your go-to/regular family dentist.
Plano dentist Dr. Darren Dickson has been serving the area as a family and 24-hour emergency dentist for more than 10 years. He also has served with the Texas Dental Association as a state delegate and has acted as a co-chair for the “Give Kids a Smile” program.
Whether you’re new to the area, or are simply looking for a new dentist, check us out. Give us a call to make an appointment. We look to becoming your family’s Plano dentist!
Image courtesy of photostock/FreeDigitalPhotos.net